Wednesday, August 27, 2008

IRCHA Jamboree

Well, we went to the IRCHA Jamboree for the 2008 year. MAN! That's a lot of helicopters in one place. This was the first time in about 4 years that I've attended this incredible event and it has changed so much. With the 2.4 gHz systems in play in most of the helicopters that made it much easier to get flight time. I went to this event knowing that I wanted to do a little flying but more to see the incredible pilots and the machines they were flying.

Having been out of the hobby for so long, I felt like I had never seen that type of flying before. There was some really incredible flying during the noon time demos. It's very hard to believe the last time I was there I was actually flying during the demos. I hope to be flying like those great guys very soon.

I got to hang out with my Dad and Step-mom while I was in Indianapolis also. We met a few of our old friends from Texas and from the hobby itself. Todd Bennet, Ron Lund, Will Campbell, Curtis Youngblood. All these are great guys who really like helping out. I really appreciate all your help guys.

I unfortunately didn't take any photos while I was there. I had my camera with me and my video camera with me also but for some reason I kept forgetting to take it out of the car and record anything. Hopefully that won't happen next time.

No comments: