Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Uh Oh!

Well, I went out the other day to fly my trusty 'ol X-Spec and unfortunately I didn't get to fly too much. No no, it wasn't a part failure or anything like that. Plain and simple: I dumb-thumbed it! I was fortunate enough to at least get the heli pretty level and to hit throttle hold. The crash wasn't too bad. After assessing the damage it looks like only a main shaft, flybar, feathering spindle, boom brace mount and boom. Oh yeah, and blades. But I really don't count those in the crash repair cost because I was getting ready to buy a new set anyway.

You know, I learned a while back that if you're not crashing you're not learning. I agree with that 100%. What did I learn from this crash? That even though I've flown quite a few times since being out of it for so long, I'm still not back to where I was when I left the hobby. Before I left the hobby I was very comfortable in any and all orientations that I could put the helicopter in. Not anymore! I went to do a tail-slide and pulled when I really wanted to push. Now seeing the helicopter in a different orientation than I was expecting through me off and I was uncomfortable. Plain and simple: I wasn't prepared for the series of events that happened next.

Since crashing the heli, I haven't had the chance to get it up and running again due to my soon-to-be move. Once I get settled into my new place with my new heli room/basement then I will be getting the heli back up and running again. If anyone wants to make any donations to the repair costs, feel free to email me and we can talk!

Thanks, for listening.

No comments: